5 tips on how to take the best instagrammable pictures during a leisure experience🎆 .
Warning ⚠️ these tips are tried and tested. Proceed anyway 😀
Unless you are as extra as me you are likely not to carry a DSLR camera during your weekend or weekday leisure activities booked on Cloud9xp. Just your phone. Well,that’s enough.
How often do you add filters on your Instagram posts just to make it pop? Always or Never. I bet most of the times. Some of you go an extra mile and use photo editing tools. Familiar with Adobe Lightroom? Yes you. This is for you millennial and post millennial.
Assuming the goal is to get the blue check mark against your username on Instagram; This tips will grow your personal or business account tremendously.
- Crucial Rules, Phone Settings and Management.
Respect the lens😎 . The glass covering the lens could be covered with oil,fingerprints, dust or even worse scratches make sure you clean it using a lens cleaning cloth; like the one for cleaning spectacles, will do a great job.
Hold phone using both hands. Holding on one hand and clicking to get an image often results to a shaky/blurred image. Use both hands and capture the moment using your index finger or thumb. Phone too big and hands too small, worry not, read on for a solution.
Shutter speed is fundamental in creation motion pictures of freezing a moment. Freezing your subject requires a fast shutter speed. It occurs when you take a photo at such a high shutter speed (1/500 and above) that there’s no motion blur. Controlling your shutter speed is a great way to show movement in a still scene. You can create it using a slow shutter speed or moving (panning) the camera to follow a subject.
- Fill the frame- if you notice an outstanding feature on something or someone, move closer and fill the frame. This creates emphasis on details.
- Contrasting backgrounds- Are you wearing a colorful bikini or really awesome shorts? find a contrasting background that compliments your skin tone and accentuates your desired colors. Your Welcome 😃
- Use a frame within a frame- Is there a door around, a window, or a wall? Use these already available frames and the frame on your phone or camera setting and take a shot. You will love it.
- Rule of Thirds- This is one of the most important rules in photography. Have you ever wondered what is the function of the grid lines on your camera. Am sure they are mostly off. Activate them now. Capture an moment using the golden points or the golden ratio. In photography, the idea is that by using the golden ratio, you are creating an image that is naturally more pleasing to the eye. Thank me later
- Use leading Lines- This are architectural lines that lead your eye to the subject,moment or experience you would like to share.
- Rule of odds- Every image looks better while composed in odd numbers. 1,3,5,7,9 name it. Try and see.
- Symmetry- Our brain system naturally appreciates symmetry. Find natural lines wherever you go. The lawn may be manicured in a symmetrical way, cars packed symmetrically. Just find the lines and shoot
2. Natural Light
Keep away the flash. Natural light compliments just about anything. Have you taken a photo in the morning; the warm sun rays illuminating your skin. Making you look like a cover magazine model. Bottom Line, Lighting is the foundation of a good photo #sunkissed
3. Selfie Stick
I told you i had a solution for you on our number one. You can do something about that trendy big size screen however, your tiny hands need help. Selfie stick. Using a selfie stick relieves your hand from pressure of holding your phone and your mind from the worry of it falling and having to nurse a cracked screen. You also capture an amazing backdrop. Selfie stick wins! Don’t have one, buy one. Have one, use it!
These are my favorites. They are goofy, extra and fun; often quite colorful too. They range from sand, a martini glass, go kart car, paintball, click here for more prop ideas
5. Extra pair of hands
Human beings are really helpful and social beings. Ask a trustworthy looking person to take a photo of you having the time of your life. Tell them how you would want the photo taken, landscape or portrait. Its important to ensure you phone camera settings are as you please. Have fun. Post and watch the likes grow. That’s the ultimate goal
We have the best experiences for those instagrammable moments. Shoot and tag us using the hashtag #HighOnLife
With Love, 💕
Cloud9xp- Your Ultimate Leisure Partner.